Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Friday, June 3, 2011

Toilet Paper Art- finished!


I have had my TP art done for awhile now but it just got hung up last week so I am finally ready to post it. If you didn't see the projects that inspired me, click HERE to take a peek. Some of those projects have more in depth tutorials that I have here so you'll want to check them out if you are interested in making your own.


I followed the tutorials to flatten the toilet paper holders and cut them into strips. Then I laid them out in the pattern I wanted. After a lot of playing around I came up with this design.


I used wood glue to attach the pieces together because that is what I (husband) had on hand. I am sure any glue would work fine.

After it was glued together I took it outside to spray paint.



A garbage bag was not a good idea to spray paint on, btw. The paint stuck on the bag.


Isn't this turquoise color divine?


I made four panels and hung them in a diamond shape above the stairs.

Slowly but surely we have added decor to make the hallway a bit more welcoming. First, it was the collage picture frames, then the banister wood cap, wood floor, and clock. Next, I got the plants from my grandma, and finally the TP art.


Home sweet home.



P.S. the follower giveaway is still open!
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger