Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Thursday, August 25, 2011

I made a skirt!!

All by myself! I haven't sewn clothing since I was in high school home ec. But I did everything myself- the shopping, the cutting, the sewing. I even wound a bobbin! This is big for me!
I first got the idea from Suburbs Mama. Then my real life friend Ashley made a similar skirt. I knew I had to try it.
I followed the tutorial on Suburbs Mama. It was easy to follow. But if you have a serger, I would serge the edge that attaches to the elastic. Mine is fraying like crazy so I am going to try to fix it at my mom's house.

I love this outfit. I wore it for the first day of school. It seems "teacher-ish" to me.
The shirt is from Shade and the shoes are Steve Madden via Ross.


 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger