Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Monday, September 19, 2011

Ribbon and Drop Pearl Necklace Knock-Off

A couple of weeks ago I was browsing the Pinterest app and found an outfit that featured the Lanvin Ribbon and Drop Pearl Necklace. The stunning color caught my eye so I looked it up and figured I would give making it a try. (Of course it could be made in any color.) Above is my version, below, the original.


Materials:

Chain in desired length
Clasp
Head pins
Pearl beads
Fabric- synthetic that can melt such as a poly satin or organza. You could also use ribbon for a more uniform look and then skip the melting step.

Begin by cutting the chain to your desired length. (Mine is about 19 in)


Put a pearl on a headpin.


Use round-nose pliers to curve the top of the pin.



Attach it to the necklace and trim off extra wire. I find it easiest to start in the center of the chain and work outwards.

Continue these steps until you have the number of desired pearls. After the center pearl, I attached mine in pairs.


Next, cut strips of fabric about 1.5 inches wide (unless you want yours wider or skinnier).

Round the edges.


Melt the edges with a candle to prevent fraying (although the original has some fraying.)


It should look like this.


Now tie the fabric around the necklace. Again, I started with the middle...


...and worked my way up the sides.


Attach the clasp and all done!


I can't wait to wear it!

Let me know if you make one. Have fun!

(I'll be linking up to these parties.)
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger